Friday, February 3, 2012

The good life

So a little reflection about how lucky I am.  Life is hard and there are many annoyances - but I am so lucky to have healthy children, a great job, a nice house and a happy marriage.  It is easy to get off track worrying about money or stress from work.  It is important to take a look at the bigger picture and I have nothing to complain about.

So after our 2 night break my husband and I have fallen back into our new 2012 routine.  Last night we both drifted off to sleep watching a movie.  At 10:30 he asked if I just wanted to go to sleep, which was nice that he gave me the option - I of course replied no.

I think we both expected a very vanilla not much effort experience.  What we ended up with was the total opposite.  I'm smiling and blushing this morning just thinking about it.  I came out of my comfort zone a little and we had a great time.   After 21 years of marriage and 25 years together we are still exploring, learning and having fun.

We have a big weekend with 2 basketball games, a lacrosse game, a church dinner, a wrestling match and then the Super Bowl.  My oldest is away for the weekend which gives me the chance to get into his room and really clean it.  It will make the Super Bowl a little less super - but I am happy that he will get to watch it with his friends.

17

No comments:

Post a Comment